Re: Emacs should provide more modern item completion out of the box

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Emacs should provide more modern item completion out of the box
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2020 15:52:48 -0500

[ About the general idea: I do think we should include company-mode in
  the tarball, yes.  Hopefully even enable it by default.  There's no
  copyright hurdle on this one, only technical&political ones.  ]

> Hi, in my opinion despite completion the other feature that is really
> killer in helm-M-x is that it suggests the key bindings associated with
> the listed commands.

This is specific to `M-x`.  I re-implemented `execute-extended-command` in
Elisp, specifically so it would be easier to extend&modify.

It should be very easy to change `execute-extended-command` such that
the *Completion* buffer lists things like

    execute-extended-command (M-x)
    save-buffer (C-x C-s)

-- Stefan