Re: Emacs's set-frame-size can not work well with gnome-shell?

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Emacs's set-frame-size can not work well with gnome-shell?
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 19:20:43 +0100

> Indeed, it does *something*, but not the intended effect yet:
> apparently the window as seen by WM is extended by the Emacs child
                                               ^ but? ^

> frame is not (similar to what we had using one of the intermediary
> patches).

Does shrinking work in the sense that the internal borders of the child
frame are redrawn?

> So it looks like the child frame is not enlarged, but e.g. clicks on
> the area that should have been added to it don't go through to the
> frame below it.

Sounds good, but how comes that we apparently now we do not get the
ConfigureNotify we got before?  Basically, this new patch is
use_gdk_resize.diff with an initial child frame of 1000x1000 pixels
size.  Did you set 'x-resize-child-frame-special' to t?

martin