Re: :alnum: broken?

From: Andrea Corallo
Subject: Re: :alnum: broken?
Date: Sat, 29 Feb 2020 23:02:37 +0000

Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:

> +1.  I consider myself fairly proficient in Elisp; I authored quitee
> a few packages, some of them distributed on Github, some of them for
> private use for a few people.  I admit that even that I know about
> compiler warnings, I never got into a habit of compiling my files.  (I
> know I should, but consider me as a datapoint suggesting that compiler
> warnings are not enough.)
>
> My 2 cents.

My experience is quite the opposite.  I can't imagine my self writing
large non trivial Elisp and going for a first run without double
checking against the byte-compiler output.

I agree in that respect that, given the cheap cpu time involved in the
byte-compilation process, we should move towards using this as default.

  Andrea

--
address@hidden