Re: Process to build standalone Emacs + deps in Windows

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: Process to build standalone Emacs + deps in Windows
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 21:02:06 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: Phillip Lord <address@hidden>
>> Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 18:54:48 +0000
>> Cc: address@hidden
>>
>> Incidentally, @Eli have I missed up here? Should this not include
>> Harfbuzz? I have a local branch to which I have added it, but it's not
>> on Master or Emacs-27.
>
> It definitely should.  I asked you on at least two occasions why the
> Emacs you build doesn't include HarfBuzz, but got no answer.  I guess
> I have it now ;-)

Yeah, I added it to the HarfBuzz branch. But then I changed
build-dep-zips to use a different logic so that I could selectively drop
some of the transitive dependencies because of the really large size the
download had. I guess it did not survive the merge of the HarfBuzz branch.

So, what should I do? Clearly it needs to go in. I guess as we are still
pre-release, I should add to Emacs-27; I can rebuild the deps files now,
before I fix it for the Emacs-27 cycle?

Sorry I missed your earlier emails; I struggle to keep up with email am
afraid.

Phil