Re: Two errors in 27.* with Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Two errors in 27.* with Windows
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 20:55:52 +0200

> From: Juan José García-Ripoll
>  <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 17:21:37 +0100
>
> The following errors rendered my Gnus installation unusable until I
> found some workarounds. I believe they should be corrected before
> release. However, I still have no clear solution for the second.

Please report each problem separately using "M-x report-emacs-bug".
That will allow to deal with each one in a separate thread.  Also, the
bug tracker is the proper place for discussing bugs and looking for
their solutions.

> Second problem: output from gpg.exe is read in binary mode, and
> corrupted because of ^M characters. I cannot find out what defines the
> mode of the buffer where the output of CALL-PROCESSS is written to. Help
> in debugging this is welcome.
>
> In 27.0.90:
> CALL-PROCESS:
> Args: ("c:/Program Files (x86)/GnuPG/bin/gpg.exe" nil (t nil) nil
> "--with-colons" "--list-config")
> Coding system ((coding-system-for-read binary) (buffer-file-coding-system
> utf-8-dos) (inhibit-eol-conversion nil))
>
> In 26.3:
> CALL-PROCESS:
> Args: ("c:/Program Files (x86)/GnuPG/bin/gpg.exe" nil (t nil) nil
> "--with-colons" "--list-config")
> Coding system ((coding-system-for-read nil) (buffer-file-coding-system
> iso-latin-1-dos) (inhibit-eol-conversion nil))

What does gpg.exe output in this case?  Does it output human-readable
text, or does it output binary byte stream?  If the latter, how come
^M corruption is an issue?