Re: pull requests

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: pull requests
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 17:41:00 +0200

On 27.03.2020 17:21, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
So we are supposed to keep pointers to those sites, and use them?  How
do we know which site holds what relevant discussions? who will
remember that several years after the discussion took place?

"The site" is the forge we would be using. E.g. a local installation of Gitlab, known to all. Or some other forge software.

And what
if the tracker that hosted the discussion goes dark (e.g., because the
person who submitted the patch is no longer keeping the branch, or
simply because the hosting service is discontinued?

One more reason to host PRs on the official forge installation, not on some faraway mirrors.

Nobody mistakes submitted patches on the mailing list for the official GNU code. There is no reason for anyone to mistake the submitted PRs for that either.

That section is literally "contributions under consideration", why would anyone think it's the project code already?