Re: pull requests

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: pull requests
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 22:39:28 +0200

On 27.03.2020 21:28, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

That section is literally "contributions under consideration", why would
anyone think it's the project code already?

This is a different discussion.  We had that at least twice in the
past, we identified the issues that need to be resolved for us to
start the migration, and from my POV we are waiting for volunteers to
work on resolving those issues.

Ah, very good. Thanks for confirming that.

Because the recent sentiments expressed by fellow developers about Web UIs, etc, looked kind of discouraging. Richard's conclusion that PRs can't be publicly-accessible would also be a complication, and also something of a missed opportunity WRT making the development process more accessible and visible to the public.

Reading the news about FSF evaluating forge softwares, I figured that's the best change for us to get something similar in Emacs development.