Re: pull requests

From: 조성빈
Subject: Re: pull requests
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2020 04:34:56 +0900

> 2020. 3. 28. 오전 4:17, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> 작성:
>

>> Cc: address@hidden
>> From: Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>
>> Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2020 17:41:00 +0200
>>
>>> On 27.03.2020 17:21, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>>> So we are supposed to keep pointers to those sites, and use them?  How
>>> do we know which site holds what relevant discussions? who will
>>> remember that several years after the discussion took place?
>>
>> "The site" is the forge we would be using. E.g. a local installation of
>> Gitlab, known to all. Or some other forge software.
>
> That's not the proposal that prompted Clément's comments and my
> response.  It was a proposal to have us review patches on remote
> branches that people push to their own repositories.  See
>
>  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2020-03/msg00617.html

My understanding was that the contributor wanted push access to a branch
because one didn’t like the convoluted email-patch workflow, but getting push
access to ELPA is hard so one wanted to point another beach firm an external
repo(which he has push access to).

Which would mean if there can be a (nongnu) forge that people can ‘fork’ the
Emacs/ELPA repo, commit/push and open a PR to the main repo, one wouldn’t need
to point to an external repo. One could just point to a fork of repo on the
nongnu forge in this case.