Re: Avoid duplicate emacs.exe / emacs-$version.exe

From: Juan José García-Ripoll
Subject: Re: Avoid duplicate emacs.exe / emacs-$version.exe
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2020 00:36:57 +0100

Phillip Lord <address@hidden> writes:
> It's good that you are picking around the Windows build and I would like
> to incorporate some of the changes; but not at the cost of (too much)
> increased complexity in the source code. My build files have got too
> complex already.

De-duplicating the emacs.exe file is between 3 and 6 lines of fix,
depending on whether we want to keep emacs-$version.exe around. It does
not touch your build files, just the standard install process. But I
appreciate that your builds with install-strip are way leaner now.

Best,

--
Juan José García Ripoll
http://juanjose.garciaripoll.com