Re: PL support

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: PL support
Date: Sat, 9 May 2020 18:58:54 +0100

On Sat, May 9, 2020 at 6:46 PM Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
You are probably right.  But Eglot is in ELPA for some time, and I
don't yet see a campaign to bring it into core; I do see some opinions
to the contrary.  So I think it will be much easier to convince more
people if we had this working.  I cannot be sure, of course, and you
will do the work, so it is still your call.

I can make a minimal eglot-interfaces.el file for Emacs core
that defines some hooks, has some docstrings, etc, make _that_
a :core package and keep business as usual in Eglot in
Github/Elpa.

Or maybe we will have a flood of messages tomorrow saying they'd like
to have Eglot in core ;-)

(More likely you'll have a silly eglot.el vs lsp-mode.el debate, and
more draining bikeshedding.  I'll try to spend my time typing code
instead.)

João