Re: New feature in project.el: Remembering the previously used projects

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: New feature in project.el: Remembering the previously used projects
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2020 02:46:16 +0300

> Don't most people tend to use either shell, eshell or some other
> terminal application? If I were to use shell, over eshell, I guess that
> this would be somewhat annoying, at least by default.

I wonder why people who prefer eshell, don't enable it with

  (fset 'shell 'eshell)

Then the project menu could have just one entry 'shell'.

> I was thinking that a "x" key could be added, which would invoke
> execute-extended-command, but in the project root.

Or as a more general solution a prefix key sequence could be added
like recently was added a prefix key sequence 'C-x t t' to run the
next command in a new tab, a similar key like 'C-x p p' could be used
to run the next command in the project root.