Re: master 64e25cd: More robust NS hex colour string parsing

From: Mattias Engdegård
Subject: Re: master 64e25cd: More robust NS hex colour string parsing
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2020 12:17:09 +0200

12 juni 2020 kl. 21.11 skrev Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>:

> The error checking aside, are
> the return values of the original code the same as of the proposed
> unified code?

Returned values for well-formed input are identical, except the low bits in
some cases on Windows (try "#123"); that bug has been fixed.
Malformed arguments are now consistently rejected. Previously they were only
sometimes, depending on the platform and the nature of the error.

> At least tty-color-standard-values seems to never return nil for an
> RGB spec, but now it will, right?  Can its callers cope with such a
> return value?

Not sure what you mean here. Mind giving a concrete example?

> And I wonder how the other callers of parse_color_spec will behave if
> it detects an error and returns false.

Exactly the way they do now when they detect an error: treated as a colour not
recognised.