RE: vertical fido-mode

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: vertical fido-mode
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 15:31:09 -0700 (PDT)

> Contrary to what I believed C-n and C-p should be fine,
> though.  I personally want to never lose C-s/C-r because
> that's what Ido uses.
>
> In fact, I hope this discussion (of which I've missed a
> few mails) is now concentrating on adding this to Icomplete,
> not Fido specifically.

Please don't add any bindings for C-n/C-p to any
standard minibuffer keymaps.  If you localize the
bindings, so they apply only to IDO, FIDO, Icomplete,
or whatever, e.g. `ido-completion-map', then OK -
I don't care about the bindings for those.

But the minibuffer is much more general than such
uses of it.  In general it's an editing buffer, and
in particular it can have multiple lines.  In the
standard minibuffer keymaps, C-n/C-p need to keep
their usual bindings of `(next/previous)-line',
please.