Re: vertical fido-mode

From: Protesilaos Stavrou
Subject: Re: vertical fido-mode
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 18:49:23 +0300

Ergus <spacibba@aol.com> [2020-06-11, 15:40 +0200]:

> If we want some of the ivy functionalities in icomplete should we contact
> the ivy maintainer for contribution?

For the sake of completeness, Omar Antolín Camarena already develops
packages that extend Icomplete in ways that make it more Ivy-like.

* 'orderless' pattern matching :: Completion style that offers
  out-of-order matches, while also supporting multiple methods (regexp,
  flex, string, initials).[0]

* 'embark' contextual custom actions :: Minibuffer commands that act on
  the current candidate or the entire list of candidates.  These are
  implemented as keymaps.[1]

[0]: https://github.com/oantolin/orderless
[1]: https://github.com/oantolin/embark

--