Re: master 1e3b0f2: Improve doc strings of project.el

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: master 1e3b0f2: Improve doc strings of project.el
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 08:07:53 -0700

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> No and no.  My Emacs sessions run for many days on end, and during
> that time I work on several projects.  Sometimes I need to switch
> between them every few minutes (e.g., when I read my email and need to
> answer questions and request, or review code, related to several
> projects, in the order in which I read the incoming email).  More
> often, I would work for several hours on one project, then switch to
> another, then to yet another or back to the first.

I have a similar work pattern. My solution to remembering project info
is implemented in the 'wisi' GNU ELPA package; there is one active
project; (project-current) returns that project, unless a buffer has
overridden project-find-functions locally, which I do for elisp mode.
There is a menu of known projects the user can choose from. In
addition, running 'compile' in a Makefile sets the project to the one
relevant to that makefile.

I have not tried to integrate this with the new project menu in
project.el yet.

--
-- Stephe