RE: Friendlier dired experience [CODE INCLUDED]

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Friendlier dired experience [CODE INCLUDED]
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2020 16:05:20 -0800 (PST)

> BTW, I remember thinking that it would be nice/natural to allow
> specifying a (file) bookmark name when doing `C-x C-f`, and similarly
> `C-x C-d` could allow specifying a (directory) bookmark.

Good idea.

Not exactly the same thing, but similar: When you use
`C-x C-f' with Icicles you can hit `C-x m' to get
completions for file bookmarks (bookmark names).

This is a separate, on-demand completion that uses a
recursive minibuffer, instead of mixing in (adding)
bookmark-name matches with file-name matches.  So the
behavior is not exactly what you described, but it's
close.

[`C-x C-f' is a "multicommand", which means you can
act on multiple candidates during the same `C-x C-f'.
So you can visit one or more files and/or one or more
file bookmarks.]