RE: Stop frames stealing eachothers' minibuffers!

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Stop frames stealing eachothers' minibuffers!
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 10:47:47 -0800 (PST)

> Both, Andrii's and Madhu's scenarios, have to be fixed.  Then we might
> be able to get rid of other oddities like 'redirect-frame-focus'

What do you mean by that?  I certainly don't want Emacs
to get rid of being able to redirect a frame's focus to
a different frame.  This is an important (even necessary)
feature, IMO.

> Most applications I know of do not allow such non-modal dialogues.

I don't know what this means, e.g. what you mean by
"application" here.  Emacs has always let you use other
windows and frames while a minibuffer remains active,
and it should continue to allow that.

But I'm probably misunderstanding you, here.  At least
I hope I am.