Re: Stop frames stealing eachothers' minibuffers!

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Stop frames stealing eachothers' minibuffers!
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 19:47:28 +0100

> I've just committed a fix to the Emacs master branch.

Sorry, but this cannot be possibly right.  With emacs -Q load a file
with

(setq default-frame-alist '((minibuffer . nil)))

(defun foo ()
  (interactive)
  (read-from-minibuffer "...?")
  (insert (format "%s" (selected-frame))))

insert (foo) into *scratch* and type C-x C-e.  After answering the
prompt this gets me #<frame *Minibuf-1* 0x36132d8>.  Do the same with
Emacs 27 and it will get you the *scratch* frame.

As soon as 'read-from-minibuffer' has finished its job, it is as if it
never happened and the old configuration must have been restored.  We
might be able to stay on old_frame when minibuf_level > 0 but in the
scenario above the frame that was selected when 'read-from-minibuffer'
was called must be re-selected.

martin