Re: Stop frames stealing eachothers' minibuffers!

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Stop frames stealing eachothers' minibuffers!
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2020 12:45:50 +0000

Hello, Martin.

On Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 12:55:41 +0100, martin rudalics wrote:
>  > Here's a quick and dirty patch to minibuf.c which appears to fix the bug,
>  > but I haven't given it much testing yet:

> This will still fail when read_minibuf, triggered from any frame but the
> minibuffer frame, exits with minibuf_level > 0.

(i) I start emacs -Q --load=foo.el
(ii) C-x 5 2  ; this leaves three frames, one being the minibuffer
  frame.
(iii) C-x b   ; leaves point in the minibuffer.
(iv) C-x 5 o  ; moves to the other normal frame.
(v) C-r  C-x 8 RET SPACE RET ; invokes a recursive minibuffer

At this stage, point is in the minibuffer, exactly as after (iii).  I
don't see this as a failure.

Where do you see the failure happening with that quick and dirty patch?

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).