Re: Stop frames stealing eachothers' minibuffers!

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Stop frames stealing eachothers' minibuffers!
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2020 10:13:35 -0500

> Yes.  It seems my patch from yesterday was too complicated.  At the

Agreed.  I think we should more narrowly taylor-make it for the problem
at hand: i.e. when signaling an error, remember the selected-frame
somewhere before doing the longjmp, and then when emitting the error
message make use of that remembered selected-frame to choose which
miniwindow to use for the message.

Basically, the problem at hand is that we want to emit the error message
"as if" we did it before the longjmp, but for technical reasons we need
to do it after the longjmp.

        Stefan