Re: Stop frames stealing eachothers' minibuffers!

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Stop frames stealing eachothers' minibuffers!
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 19:08:57 +0100

> DONE.

Thanks.  To elaborate on an earlier problem I mentioned which, as I
found out, happens already with Emacs 27 at the least.  I'd be just
interested if you can reproduce it on your system.  Start with

emacs -Q --eval "(setq default-frame-alist '((minibuffer . nil)))"

Now in the minibuffer window type C-h f and at the prompt type setq RET.
This pops up a help window on the normal frame explaining 'setq' and
'Type "q" in help window to delete it.' appears in the minibuffer
window.  Here, sometimes the normal frame is selected, sometimes the
minibuffer frame remains selected.  It might be a timing issue since
sometimes I see the cursor flicker at the end of the 'Type "q" ...'
text before it moves to the normal frame, provided it moves there.

The strange thing that happens is when I now type "q" in the help
window.  Here the minibuffer window gets selected and ready to receive
input but no cursor is shown in it.  Do you see that?  Anyone else?

Thanks, martin