Re: feature/completions-highlight-modifications e3c5b99 3/6: Add complet

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: feature/completions-highlight-modifications e3c5b99 3/6: Add completions-highlight-mode initial implementation.
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2020 10:54:48 +0200

> Cycling is actually a fairly inefficient, unconscious
> way to navigate among candidates.  It's handy, but
> dumb cycling shouldn't be the only or the main way to
> get around.

I agree.  I tried the completions-highlight-modifications branch, but
unfortunately restricting a set of navigation keys limits the freedom of
using any navigation key for browsing completion candidates that is
available today.  What I mean is that currently it's possible in the
minibuffer to type <PageUp> (switch-to-completions), and then all keys
are available for selecting a completion: arrow keys, page scrolling
keys - even completion drop-down combo in browser's address bar allows
page scrolling.