Re: Some dynamic module questions

From: Vasilij Schneidermann
Subject: Re: Some dynamic module questions
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2020 14:54:06 +0100

> Sorry, you are right: that doesn't work.
>
> So you'd need to use vectors instead.

Isn't that remarkably slow though? If you either pass a vector of
integers on the Lisp side and recreate it on the C side using Flength
and Farev or have a char array on the C side and create a Lisp array for
the Lisp side, I can see that operation to outweigh otherwise fast
foreign code easily. I've only experimented with encoding unibyte
strings to/from hex strings though when using cryptographic code and
that was slow enough to ruin the benefit of FFI.