Re: Proposal for an emacs-humanities mailing list

From: Bob Newell
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2020 17:16:37 -1000

Aloha,

I would be quite interested in such a list. I do happen to be
an at least somewhat capable programmer but in fact my main
use for Emacs is in writing and publishing.

So I would say that the group should assume that members are
not necessarily programmers rather than not programmers at
all. And we should keep in mind that some of the discussion
will inevitably get into useful packages and perhaps useful
code snippets.

That said, I agree the group should stay non-programmer
friendly.

Great idea!

--
Bob Newell