Re: master 11abc4a: Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/scratch/lexical

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master 11abc4a: Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/scratch/lexical-gnus' into trunk
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2021 17:23:51 +0200

> Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2021 10:06:32 +0100
> From: <tomas@tuxteam.de>
> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>
> The nice thing about git is that it makes those things explicit [1].

Careful: there are those (including yours truly) who think that this
is a terrible misfeature, which only benefits people with too much
time on their hands and the wish to understand the innards of Git.  A
VCS should do its job without asking me to understand too much about
its mechanics.  If I want to know how it works, I will then go ahead
and read on it, or even (gasp!) look at its sources.