Re: "Fix" sag scaling for hidpi

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: "Fix" sag scaling for hidpi
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 19:24:32 +0100

    Lars> Yuan Fu <casouri@gmail.com> writes:
    >> I’m not sure about x11+gtk, any one knows if it can report both
    >> physical and logical pixels when on a hidpi display?

    Lars> For Gtk, we already do:

    Lars> #if GTK_CHECK_VERSION (3, 22, 0)
    Lars>       scale = gdk_monitor_get_scale_factor (monitor);
    Lars> #elif defined HAVE_GTK3
    Lars>       scale = gdk_screen_get_monitor_scale_factor (gscreen, i);
    Lars> #endif

Iʼve not kept up: is that still integer factors only?

    Lars> So we can use the same to compute logical pixels there.

So now non-gtk on x11 will lag even further behind gtk/pgtk & other
platforms. [1]

Eli, Lars, when can we realistically envisage deprecating lucid
support? Followed a release later by the current gtk support.

Robert

Footnotes:
[1] Someone over on github referred to the current gtk support in
    Emacs as 'impure gtk', which I think is a great way to describe
    it.