RE: [External] : Re: Experimentally unbind M-o on the trunk

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [External] : Re: Experimentally unbind M-o on the trunk
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 18:29:07 +0000

> > Facemenu commands make sense in most modes (nearly all?).
>
> Does it make sense in modes that use font-lock?  I see "Font-lock mode
> will override any faces you set in this buffer".

1. Yes, some of the facemenu commands make sense
in font-locked buffers.

See menu Edit > Text Properties.  (Not all
commands on that menu are for facemenu, but
some are.)

2. What's more, facemenu could itself be improved
to (optionally?) affect also the value of
property `font-lock-face', as well as `face'.
(Haven't looked into that - just a thought.)

3. My little library facemenu+.el adds facemenu
commands that work well with `font-lock-mode'.
E.g.:

`facemenup-set-face-attribute'
`facemenup-set-face-attribute-at-mouse'
`facemenup-set-face-attribute-at-point'
`facemenup-set-face-bg-RGB-at-mouse'
`facemenup-set-face-bg-RGB-at-point'
`facemenup-set-face-bg-RGB-hex-at-mouse'
`facemenup-set-face-bg-RGB-hex-at-point'
`facemenup-set-face-fg-RGB-at-mouse'
`facemenup-set-face-fg-RGB-at-point'
`facemenup-set-face-fg-RGB-hex-at-mouse'
`facemenup-set-face-fg-RGB-hex-at-point'
___

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/FaceMenuPlus

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/download/facemenu%2b.el