Re: A different way to interactively pass options to commands

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: A different way to interactively pass options to commands
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 11:09:10 +0100

Óscar Fuentes <ofv@wanadoo.es> writes:

> and the whole process is almost as fast as using the S** shortcuts
> you have now (one key to start the popup, one key for activating each
> parameter and one key for launching the action), but with an explicit
> interface that shows what you are about to do.

Yes, I'm sold on the concept.  :-)

I can also imagine using it on the Gnus scoring commands (which
implements a system that's not entirely unlike this (sort of, if you
squint), but not as user-friendly), and as Stefan M mentioned, skeleton
selections could use this, and the `C-x C-m' thing, perhaps.

Of course, we can't change the current interfaces, but this would be an
additional way to navigate particularly complex (combinatorial-ish)
commands.