Re: A different way to interactively pass options to commands

From: Clemens
Subject: Re: A different way to interactively pass options to commands
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 00:52:54 +0100

Org suffers from that kind of key binding proliferation, but IIRC most
of them are different actions, although conceptually related (commands
that operate on tags, for instance.) For now I solve those cases with
M-x, ido and the flx algorithm.

There is also the nice orderless package:

https://github.com/oantolin/orderless

It provides a completion-style which is very flexible and also
features initialism matching like flx. Internally it uses
completion-regexp-list + all-completions so it is very fast. You can
even customize individual components by defining dispatchers for
example I can append an equal sign to some input ("input=") to match that input literally or for fuzzy matching I use "match~" it is very nice.