Re: Current mode command discovery

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Current mode command discovery
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 15:40:47 +0200

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>
> Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2021 13:59:26 +0100
> Cc: ofv@wanadoo.es, emacs-devel@gnu.org, dgutov@yandex.ru
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > What I mean is this: we do sometimes mark mode-specific commands as
> > autoloaded, for the reason I explained.  Unlike what you said, which
> > is that most things that we autoload are NOT mode-specific.
>
> I think you're just saying the same thing I did?  I said that most
> commands that are ;;;###autoloaded aren't mode-specific.  You say that
> some ;;;###autoloaded commands are mode-specific.
>
> I think we're in violent agreement here, unless you somehow interpret
> "most" as being "all".

Unless "most" means 95% percent or so, and we can disregard the
remaining 5%, how is it useful to know that "most" autoloaded commands
are not mode-specific?  We will need to handle both those that are and
those that aren't, so the fact that commands that are mode-specific
and yet are autoloaded are a minority doesn't help, does it?