Re: Current mode command discovery

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Current mode command discovery
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 16:47:45 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> never seems to actually do anything?  Are there cases where doing that
>> would do anything useful?
>
> Careful: the completion predicate is not just for M-x, it is also for
> "C-h x" and other commands that complete on functions and commands.

Hm...  that's certainly a wrinkle here.  On the other hand,
`C-h f digit-argument' would work as always.

The four commands under discussion here (see the bug report) all have in
common that nobody would actually `M-x' them, because they do nothing if
you do that.  (I think?  I'm not 100% sure about `digit-argument'.)  So
they're commands because they're bound to keys only.

So I'm leaning towards being fine with `C-h x ignorTAB' not expanding to
`ignore'.  Probably.