Re: Current mode command discovery

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Current mode command discovery
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 19:37:57 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Invoking them via M-x may not make a lot of sense, but asking for help
> on them definitely does.  So I think we need to have a way of removing
> them from some completions, but not from others.

That makes sense.  Hm...

So far, the issue seems to be about only two commands, so perhaps it
makes sense to just accept that "filtering for commands that might make
sense to M-S-x" (or conversely, "filtering out commands that do not make
sense to M-x") won't be a 100% solution.

Or we could add a special mechanism for just `digit-argument' and
`negative-argument', but that does seem awfully hacky.

Perhaps we should avoid making a decision here and see whether other,
similar problems appear -- we won't really know until we've gain more
experience with these mechanisms.