Re: Current mode command discovery

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Current mode command discovery
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 18:46:48 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> It's possible, but that's certainly adding one kludge on top of another.
>
> No, it'd be the continuation of the same kludge.

Potato, potato.

>> Are there any drawbacks to just using (key-description
>> (this-single-command-keys)) here and normalising this command in this
>> regard?
>
> My advice is not to do that.  There be dragons, and how important is
> that, anyway?

Do you see any dragons in particular, or are you just thinking in
general here?  The comment in the code doesn't point to any dragons, but
only that it'll confuse people to see anything other than `M-x' here.
(Which I don't find compelling.)

If you don't see any particular dragons here, I think we should just
give it a try and see whether this leads to any problems.  If they do,
it's simple to revert.