Re: [elpa] main 8f4cb59: * elpa-packages (counsel, ivy, swiper): Auto-sy

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [elpa] main 8f4cb59: * elpa-packages (counsel, ivy, swiper): Auto-sync.
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 11:40:58 -0500

> BTW, is it possible/kosher to force-push to external branches in elpa.git?

It's strongly discouraged (since there are users and a few automated
systems which track those branches) but possible.  So if necessary it
can be considered for a "one time thing" if it comes with significant
long term benefits.

> Anything to protect your hair!

OTOH I think it's healthy enough to withstand such attacks anyway.
[ Beside, Covid made me miss my yearly appointment with my hair dresser
  (who see me rarely enough that they doesn't know they're my hair
  dresser) before the summer, so I have a fair bit of "excess hair".  ]

        Stefan