Re: Requesting a paid version of Emacs

From: Matt Armstrong
Subject: Re: Requesting a paid version of Emacs
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2021 16:23:04 -0800

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>   > There is no text in Emacs or Org mode recommending the use of either
>   > Dropbox or Google Drive.
>
> That's good.  Thanks for checking.
>
> Can anyone tell me what these "sync solutions" are
>
>   > Furthermore, most of the sync solutions for org-mode recommend proprietary
>   > Dropbox or Google Drive.
>
> and where they are to be found?

This is probably a reference to Org Mobile:

File: org.info,  Node: Org Mobile,  Prev: Org Crypt,  Up: Miscellaneous

or just https://orgmode.org/manual/Org-Mobile.html

All Org does is read/write to a local directory, with the expectation
that other programs will do the same.  The job of those other programs
is to move the files to/from a mobile device.

For example, there is an iPhone app called MobileOrg
(https://github.com/MobileOrg/mobileorg), released under the GPL, that
works with this protocol.  It supports file synchronization over WebDAV,
Dropbox, and Apple iCloud.

https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/mobileorg has a bit more info (including
mention of some Android options).