Re: Question about pgtk -- is it meant to fix the disconnect crash bug?

From: Robert Pluim
Subject: Re: Question about pgtk -- is it meant to fix the disconnect crash bug?
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2021 08:55:06 +0100

>>>>> On Fri, 5 Mar 2021 12:35:11 -0800, chad <yandros@gmail.com> said:

    chad> I can't help but notice that Wayland offers a potential "solution" by
    chad> simply not supporting the underlying functionality that triggers the
    chad> problem. In terms of "kicking the can down the road", the basic
Wayland
    chad> approach is "We're making something that you might use as a can. We
do not
    chad> promise that 'kicking' will apply to it, and explicitly disclaim any
    chad> concept of 'road'." They're doing this to keep the problem more
tractable;
    chad> the emacs/gtk bug is one example of the sort of thing that they're
    chad> explicitly labelling "Somebody Else's Problem".

For Wayland you can use waypipe to forward to a different display.

Robert