Re: Question about pgtk -- is it meant to fix the disconnect crash bug?

From: David De La Harpe Golden
Subject: Re: Question about pgtk -- is it meant to fix the disconnect crash bug?
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2021 11:04:08 +0000

haven't really looked into it, just have a watch on the gtk-side issue ticket(s)*, but just mentioning I did just notice a Michel Dänzer commenting the below just today on the gtk-side bug:

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/-/issues/2315#note_1052481

> FWIW, the upcoming release 40 of mutter (which uses GTK3 for drawing
> X11 client window decorations) is able to survive Xwayland dying
> abruptly, using the new XSetIOErrorExitHandler API (which removes the
> need for longjmp hacks) available as of libX11 1.7.0.
>
> I don't know if the same approach can work for Emacs as well though.

* the whole "gtk emacs sudden death" thing having been a minor annoyance for years of course