Re: Consistent face for keys in *Help* and `substitute-command-keys'

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Consistent face for keys in *Help* and `substitute-command-keys'
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 18:46:01 -0600

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Doesn't using :box cause a small 2-pixel rise of the mode line?  If it
> does, that could be regarded as annoyance by some users, because the
> text above the mode line might scroll.

Yes, it does.  Thanks for pointing this out.

It is indeed a slight annoyance once you notice it.  (But I don't see
any scrolling, so I guess this depends on things like window size and
font size?)

Is there anything we could do to avoid this if we use :box?  Is it
annoying enough to avoid :box completely?