Re: [ELPA] A Setup package

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: [ELPA] A Setup package
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 11:09:04 +0100

>>> To avoid reinvent the wheel.
>> I could reduce it to
>>
>>         (mapcar (lambda (arg)
>>                   (if (string-match "\\`&" (symbol-name arg))
>>                       arg
>>                     (intern (upcase (symbol-name arg)))))
>>                 (get sym 'setup-signature))
>>
>> which does the job.
>
> Sounds good (but it still shows there's a need for Emacs to provide
> a function that does that).

Yes, this is just a temporary compromise.

>> The reason I introduced `none` was that :hide-mode is not repeatable and
>> has no arguments, resulting in the edebug specification
>>
>>     (":hide-mode" sexp)
>>
>> However this always fails to match.
>
> Indeed that was wrong.  Same problem for non-repeatable macros with more
> than one argument.  But in the code I sent in the last message I fixed
> this by always using `&rest sexp` for those Setup macros without debug
> spec (just like Edebug for normal macros).

I've ended up doing something similar now, just also taking :repeatable
into consideration. Either way, I with this working, I'll bump the
version to 0.1.1, to create an official release.

Thank you for all you help, your comments significantly improved the
package!

--
        Philip K.