Re: 'M-o' ('facemap-keymap') has now been removed until March 10th 2021

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: 'M-o' ('facemap-keymap') has now been removed until March 10th 2021
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 05:45:34 -0400

   1) Nobody wanted to keep the global `M-o' binding (facemenu), so I've
   removed that.

How do you know? You ask a very small sample of users.  I recall that
Eli used M-o in other context than enriched-mode.

   2) There was no clamouring to keep a global binding for `center-line'
   and `center-paragraph', so those that find those commands extremely
   useful will have to bind it themselves.

Eh? How much do people have to complain that center-FOO should be
keept for it to be keept somewhere?  Or is user input totally ignored
here?  You are constantly dismissing any user input.

There had at least three requests for center-FOO to be bound to
at least something else.