Re: 'M-o' ('facemap-keymap') has now been removed until March 10th 2021

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: 'M-o' ('facemap-keymap') has now been removed until March 10th 2021
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 16:25:08 +0300

* Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> [2021-03-18 07:17]:
> So I think it was a moderately successful experiment, and we should use
> this way of trying out user interface changes more.  The time periods
> seem OK to me -- one month for the experiment, and then one additional
> week for discussion at the end (so I guess it's really more like five
> weeks).

For your kind considerations:

You should not make it a strict rule just because the experiment
worked well. It maybe worked well because not many developers use the
enriched mode.

You should rather make the experiment flexible and not bound to some
period of time based on first experiment.

Additionally, you cannot get and did not get a feedback from common
users, you got it only from those using the development version.

Use the feeling on how long the period of test should be, as some more
common keybindings would cause more problems. And some keybindings you
would never get reported back as developers may not be the users of
those.

Jean