Re: Detecting changes between dark and light mode on Mac OS

From: Daphne Preston-Kendal
Subject: Re: Detecting changes between dark and light mode on Mac OS
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 17:51:26 +0100

Hello there,

Not to pester, more to enquire: I submitted this patch nearly two
weeks ago and still haven’t heard any feedback. I submitted it here
because the Emacs manual says ‘If your patch is not complete and you
think it needs more discussion, you might want to send it to
emacs-devel@gnu.org instead.’
<https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Sending-Patches.html>

I *think* my patch is complete, but out of inexperience I’m
unsure. (For instance, I know I shouldn’t break support for GNUstep or
any previous Mac OS version going back to 10.6, but I don’t have any
way to test that, nor sufficient experience with the relevant
platforms to know if the changes I made are even likely to cause
problems in those departments, though I don’t think they would.) Is
there a better place than this to send it to get the attention of the
people who work on Cocoa Emacs and can help more directly with this
question? Should I just send it directly to bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org?

Many thanks again,

Daphne Preston-Kendal