Re: Suggested experimental test

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: Suggested experimental test
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 21:56:23 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org>
>> Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 13:06:09 +0100
>> Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org
>>
>> I don't use `C-o' myself, so I can't really say to what degree this
>> would be annoying or not for users.  Any `C-o' users who have an opinion
>> here?
>
> I use it _a_lot_.

Same here.

Here another use case (C-o is not == to C-e RET):

(setq fill-column 70)
(auto-fill-mode 1)

for some reasons you want to add fooooo word at eol 001 and insert a new
line between 001 and 002.

;; 001 aaaaa aaaaaa aaaaaaa aaaaaaa aaaaaaa aaaaaaa aaaaaaa aaaaaaa
;; 002 aaaaaaa aaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaa aaaaa aaaaa

to endup with this:

;; 001 aaaaa aaaaaa aaaaaaa aaaaaaa aaaaaaa aaaaaaa aaaaaaa aaaaaaa fooooo

;; 002 aaaaaaa aaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa aaaaaa aaaaa aaaaa

Thanks to C-o C-n, otherwise you have to C-n C-a RET C-p after typing fooooo.

--
Thierry