Re: master 2399541: Remove font-lock toggle from font-lock-update

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: master 2399541: Remove font-lock toggle from font-lock-update
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2021 15:32:26 +0000

    * lisp/font-lock.el (font-lock-update): Remove call to
    font-lock-unfontify-region and font-lock-mode toggle with ARG; this
    did not perform what original author intended

Is this what is supposed to happen? Just forcibly push a change while the discussion is happening, when Stefan told you that your understanding is not right, and when I told you that the command _does_ what "original author" intented? Should I now submit a patch to restore the proper command?