Re: Gitlab Migration

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Gitlab Migration
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2021 08:12:04 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Opt-in changes are an effective way of dealing with such resistance.
> They cannot be easily vetoed.

We have previously discussed extending the concept of a "theme", which
is currently basically just visual.  I think the way forward here is to
allow people to create opinionated views on how Emacs should work (from
keystrokes on up to basically...  anything), and include these in Emacs.

New users, when starting Emacs, would then be able to choose between,
say, five of these mega-themes on the start-up screen by just clicking
them.