Re: Gitlab Migration

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Gitlab Migration
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 14:16:01 +0300

On 03.09.2021 14:06, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:
Yes, that's not what I think we should add (and as Stefan reminded us,
the previous time over we called the concept "profiles").  These would
be big things that change Emacs in sweeping, opinionated ways a la
Spacemacs, and there would only be half a dozen of them.

We should not forget that, by maintaining those profiles, we would probably obligate any addition or change to the default key binding set to be adapted to all (or some) of these half a dozen profiles.

So the more we have of them, the more work we add to our contributors. Or potential bugs when we forget to do that.

That would basically extend to any method of bundling and maintaining sets of alternative configurations in the core.