Re: Gitlab Migration

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Gitlab Migration
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2021 13:59:53 +0300

On 04.09.2021 11:02, Daniel Fleischer wrote:
(setq-default tab-width 4)

Just a heads-up: this one is kinda dangerous because if you view and edit files made with default value of tab-width, and they have tabs in them (like a lot of files in the Emacs repo), they will end up looking wrong. And if you then edit them and perhaps reindent, the patches can look wrong to others.

I could be wrong, but last I checked there was either no consensus on this value among editors, or 8 was still popular enough.

global-visual-line-mode seems questionable as well -- I don't remember seeing this kind of behavior in other coding editors, which seems to be the aim of this profile. At least not by default.

The rest of the list looks good (I'd put the cua-mode setting into a different profile, but that can be a part of a larger effort).

Thanks!