Re: Representation of the Emacs userbase on emacs-devel

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Representation of the Emacs userbase on emacs-devel
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2021 18:35:50 +0200

Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru> writes:

> It seems very improbable at this point to be able to get CUA bindings in
> the default config. And given that there are unsolved questions WRT
> prefixes, etc, I suggest we focus on the profile approach.

Agreed.

FWIW, I don't find it helpful with any pre-emptive "decision" at this
stage, when no serious proposal is even on the table.  Only experience
with actual working code would allow us to evaluate of the relative
pros and cons of both approaches.

> We can argue about making it the default later, when the profile has
> seen some use and had kinks ironed out.

I like a good holy war as much as the next guy, but this one we could
indeed postpone.  ;-)