Re: master ff4de1b: Fix quoting style in Lisp comments

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: master ff4de1b: Fix quoting style in Lisp comments
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2021 13:25:15 +0200

> - We declare something else as the official style.  I personally have
>   grown fond of (a subset of) Markdown, so I'd vote for `...` (and
>   encourage extending this to a few more conventions, e.g. so we can
>   distinguish code from prose in comments), but (a subset of) Org style
>   would also make a lot of sense.

BTW, Org-mode has a very nice optional feature where you don't even
see the ugly bits: when you type "**foo**", the stars disappear and
"foo" is displayed in italics.  If the problem is that some people
find the ` character ugly, perhaps we could have something similar for
our comments and/or docstrings to have ` and ' displayed as the proper
unicode quote marks.

It would be even better if we could have the ' key automatically
balance quotes, much like what happens in modern word processors.