Re: bug#36767: 26.1; request: add more quick keys to the *Help* buffer

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: bug#36767: 26.1; request: add more quick keys to the *Help* buffer
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 22:15:23 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> From: Arthur Miller <arthur.miller@live.com>
>> Cc: larsi@gnus.org,  emacs-devel@gnu.org,  juri@linkov.net
>> Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2021 19:08:05 +0200

>> > ENOPATCH
>>
>> Oh, I am sorry :-)
>
> Thanks, but this still prompts for a key, just silently so.

Yes, exactly, you said you were bothered by the prompt :-). Without seing the
prompt it feels like you are just ordinary shortcut. At least for me.

Anyway, I have tested with the prefix key, it does make for one difference:
it shows me the panel for which-key which shows all completions, which
read-key-sequence does not.

In this case I had to hack those commands exported by help-mode as described
before. Lars didn't like that, so you will have to agree on how to solve what is
preferred here.

For the note: is it acceptable to have this simplified customize? It works for
me, but there is no checks for validity etc. I don't know how to write it so it
take a valid prefix and so on.